The US has called for its own climate panel to be formed after the missteps of the Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change (IPCC). The office will be a section of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and will provide climate data and information to businesses and communities.
Business Week reported:
“By providing critical planning information that our businesses and our communities need, NOAA Climate Service will help tackle head-on the challenges of mitigating and adapting to climate change,” Locke said in the statement.
It doesn’t sound like any positive steps in collecting real answers, but rather a way to continue to push an agenda.
The Commerce Department today also announced a new Internet site, www.climate.gov, which it is dubbing the NOAA Climate Portal. The site will feature a new climate science magazine called ClimateWatch, data such as temperatures and carbon-dioxide levels, and scientists’ discussions of their research, NOAA said.
We suggest that we all keep a watch on ClimateWatch. Maybe we should buy the domain name ClimateWatchWatch.com.
Source: Business Week
Possibly related posts:
- Man who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore now in charge of US Commerce Department’s new climate change office
- India wants climate science, not climate evangelism. Will create own climate change panel.
- Accuweather’s Joe Bastardi warns of US government shutting out skeptics
- Greenhouse Gas Observatories Downwind from Erupting Volcanoes
- Lord Monckton confronts the Hitler Youth