The Netherlands largest daily newspaper, De Telegraaf, has vindicated Henk Tennekes, the country’s most famous global warming skeptic. Tennekes was forced to resign as director of the Netherlands Meteorological Institute in the early 1990′s due to his skepticism of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPPC) “science.”
We have a translation into English of De Telegraaf’s article here. This is the English introduction to it:
Gagged! Thrown out on the street! In the nineties, Henk Tennekes was made to clear his desk and resign as Director of the KNMI (Dutch Meteorological Institute).
His sin? In a newspaper column the world-renowned meteorologist had disproved all the bold claims about climate change.
Swearing in high places! And in the meantime, “hard proof” for the greenhouse effect evaporated.
After all the scandal surrounding the UN IPCC panel, the sceptics voice can finally be heard. Time for the rehabilitation of Holland’s first climate exile? KNMI-director Henk Tennekes has put the cat among the pigeons years ago and was sacked.”Former collegues still avoid me like the plague because I say something different from the group dogma“
Possibly related posts:
- Glaciologist Syed Hasnain: “I was keeping quiet as I was working here…” UPDATE: so Parchouri’s TERI could rake in a half million?
- 95% chance that you’re a climate killer, and they have your fingerprints
- The climategate fall guy: Rajendra Pachauri
- Good news! One third of the Netherlands suddenly rises above sea level
- IPCC Chief Pachauri: Do as I say, not as I do!